This morning PLS held their first practice Fire Drill. All of the children evacuated the building and behaved perfectly. We were especially pleased to see how well the children in Reception dealt with the experience and followed the instructions given to them from their teachers and TA’s.
The purpose of the fire drill:
Fire drills are intended to ensure, by means of training and rehearsal, that:
- people who may be in danger act in a calm and orderly manner
- those with responsibilities carry out their tasks to ensure the safety of all concerned
- escape routes are used in accordance with a predetermined and practised plan
- evacuation of the building is achieved in a speedy and orderly manner
- people will react rationally when confronted with a fire or other emergency at school or elsewhere.